SOLVED

Cannot create subscription for a meeting when the host is on other group

Brass Contributor

Hi, I'm doing some tests about subscribe online meeting. I used one account to create a meeting and sent invitation to my another account(two accounts are in different azure group). Then I tried to create subscription to that meeting(Already got access token) but I received error that 

Status Code: Forbidden; Reason: The meeting tenant does not match the token tenant.]
Is possible to subscribe a meeting of external group host?
The entire response:

{
    "error": {
        "code": "ExtensionError",
        "message": "Operation: Create; Exception: [Status Code: Forbidden; Reason: The meeting tenant does not match the token tenant.]",
        "innerError": {
            "date": "2023-03-16T07:08:39",
            "request-id": "2e516d65-5ad3-4194-b29d-e9782ee1abf6",
            "client-request-id": "2e516d65-5ad3-4194-b29d-e9782ee1abf6"
        }
    }
}

4 Replies
Could you please confirm if you are trying to create subscription for a meeting in another tenant, then please note that you can create subscriptions within the same tenant. Thanks.
How to determine tenant? Depends on whether the host is in the group?
The details is: I already create a multi-tenant app on azure and add online-meeting permission. Then I sent request to https://login.microsoftonline.com/{tenantId}/oauth2/v2.0/token to get access token. I created subscription successfully if the meeting host is in the group of tenant. But failed to created subscription when the host is not in tenant group. Is there anyway to achieve this purpose?
best response confirmed by ChenguangHe (Brass Contributor)
Solution
No, it is not possible to create subscription when the host is in another tenant group.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChenguangHe (Brass Contributor)
Solution
No, it is not possible to create subscription when the host is in another tenant group.

View solution in original post