Can I create live events through the calendar api?

Copper Contributor

I want to use the calendar API to create meetings and live events, by using the create event endpoint with isOnlineMeeting: true I can set a meeting for the calendar event but still can not see a way to create a live event through this specific calendar API.

I can create live events by using the meeting API passing isBroadcast: true as a parameter but looks like that is not possible in the calendar API.

Thanks!

2 Replies
I’d say you can’t! You can’t schedule Live Events from any other place than Teams so the calendar API will probably not work. You have to use the Oneline meeting API Adam

@danielyello  - Yes you can't use calendar API, I have checked in the documentation and didn't find anything related to live events. 

Thanks, 

Hunaid Hanfee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate.