Automatically Add app to each Teams meeting

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We have an in-meeting app, which is to be added to all Teams meetings. Presently the meeting owner has to manually add the app everytime he/she creates a meeting, is there a way to make an app added by default to all Teams meetings?

Alternatively is there a tenant wide api, which we can query to know when any new Teams meeting is created so we can programmatically add our custom app to that meeting?

Any pointers would me much appreciated.

7 Replies

Hi @Kuldeep Desai Thanks for reaching out us. Currently there is no such feature available. we recommend you to raise a Teams UserVoice. here https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com  if needs to be consider as a future request.

Thanks @Chetana-MSFT , is there any graph api which we can use to know when a new Teams meeting gets created tenant wide? We don't want to monitor individual mailboxes, rather if there was an api which we can periodically query or a web-hook that gets fired every-time a new teams meeting is created.

Hi @Kuldeep Desai There is subscription graph api to get notification when changes to all events in a user's mailbox. Please go through this docs for more info.

Hi @Kuldeep Desai Could you please let us know if your issue has been resolved.
Kuldeep,
Were you able to resolve this issue? I am building a similar in-meeting app, and had the same query on adding the app to all meetings automatically so was wondering if/how you were able to get past this limitation

Hi @lifeofnavin ,

Unfortunately no, I was never able to find an api, that could do this, neither was I able to find a graph api tenant wide, we didn't want to monitor each individuals mailbox.