SOLVED

Allow personal accounts join my teams meeting

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone, im building a integration with online meeting over the Microsoft Graph API, but when I create a meeting on behalf a domain user, personal accounts like @outlook domain cannot access 

The error is: 
AADSTS50020: User account 'Email address removed' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant '***' and cannot access the application '***'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

I know that i can invite this email in my AAD, but i cannot do this for each person who use this integration. 

I've already changed Supported account types in my azure application to this 

Accounts in any organizational directory (Any Azure AD directory - Multitenant) and personal Microsoft accounts (e.g. Skype, Xbox)
All users with a work or school, or personal Microsoft account can use your application or API. This includes Office 365 subscribers.

But still getting the error
5 Replies
@KevynMarinho- We are looking into this I will get back to you soon.

@KevynMarinho - 

I understand you are calling the Graph API to create a meeting using admin account and adding the personal accounts as attendees. And the personal accounts are not able to access the meeting. Could you please confirm if my understanding is correct?

I'm calling Graph API with an admin account, but I share the joinUrl, I dont know who will apply to this, so I can't register all emails who will attend.
Doing some tests, I realized that anonymous users can attend as guests, but when the user select login and then do the login with personal account the problem happen

@KevynMarinho - We are also able to repro this issue. We will check this internally and get back to you.

best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@KevynMarinho - We could see that the behavior is same without using Graph APIs as well. So this is not an issue with the Graph API. Could you please move the question to Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Tech Community so that other community members could help with the issue.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@KevynMarinho - We could see that the behavior is same without using Graph APIs as well. So this is not an issue with the Graph API. Could you please move the question to Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Tech Community so that other community members could help with the issue.

View solution in original post