SOLVED

Access to Teams Transcripts with Azure Communication Services

Copper Contributor

I'm using Azure Communication Services to write an app that connects to a Teams meeting that is recording and creating a live transcript. Is there a way to access and show that transcript to the client using my app -- who may have joined as an anonymous user? 

I see there is a Communications Service API -- as well as functionality in Graph API -- to get the state of recording and transcripting, so we can notify the client that the call is being recorded and transcripted. But I see no way to actually access and show the live transcription (unless they are actually using MS Teams). I want to show the transcription in my app. 

Thanks!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@emrobi 

Currently Teams does not have any API to access the transcription.

Microsoft Tech Community: 

Thanks, 

Nivedipa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChetanSharma-msft (Microsoft)
Solution

@emrobi 

Currently Teams does not have any API to access the transcription.

Microsoft Tech Community: 

Thanks, 

Nivedipa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

If the response is helpful, please click "**Mark as Best Response**" and like it. You can share your feedback via Microsoft Teams Developer Feedback link. Click here to escalate. 

View solution in original post