SOLVED

System Center 2019 - Microsoft Monitoring Agent

Brass Contributor

I'm running System Center 1807 and thinking about upgrading it to System Center 2019 Operation Manger, but looking at the MMA it looks like it only supports 2012->2019.  I know 2008 R2 is end of support in January, so if I upgrade it do I lose the ability to monitor my 2008 R2 servers?

Also where I have Azure, do I put the MMA on it and just have Azure do all my monitoring is another option I'm considering.

2 Replies

@Greg Zygadlo You can do an in-place upgrade from 1807 to SCOM 2019.

2008R2 is not supported and not tested with SCOM 2019. However, we haven't put any explicit check to block this. You can try your luck in a lab and see it might work. 

Link below mentions the supported client OS and upgrade path.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/system-requirements?view=sc-om-2019 

Thanks

best response confirmed by Logan8860 (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi,

As mentioned SCOM 2019 does not officially support Windows Server 2008 R2, however I can confirm that you can both install agents and monitor Windows Server 2008 servers with SCOM 2019.

I do not recommend unsupported scenarios, but just wanted to lay out this information here.

Best regards,
Leon

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Logan8860 (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi,

As mentioned SCOM 2019 does not officially support Windows Server 2008 R2, however I can confirm that you can both install agents and monitor Windows Server 2008 servers with SCOM 2019.

I do not recommend unsupported scenarios, but just wanted to lay out this information here.

Best regards,
Leon

View solution in original post