SQL Server 2017 Support for System Center 2016?

Copper Contributor

Is it currently supported?  I tried installing the 2017 reporting services and then installing System Center on the server and it tells me that reporting is not supported.  Can you use an older reporting server with SQL 2017?

6 Replies

Hi @Evan Kontos  - I just want to verify you are mentioning SCM vs SCCM (ConfigMgr)). I've posted detail on both just in case...

I am so sorry, I meant System Center - incorrect acronym.

No problem - you can also check for release\support updates coming soon for SC 2019. Stay tuned, but for now here's the example using the upgrade to 1807 for VMM with SQL 2017 support and for SQL 2017 support with SCOM

I don't believe that this answers my question.  I am doing a new installation of System Center with a SQL 2017 server and it complains that the Reporting Services aren't the right version during the installation of Operations Manager.  How do I get around that?

Hi Evan,

SQL Server 2017 is not yet officially supported for SCOM 2016, you can find the SQL Server requirements in the link below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/plan-sqlserver-design?view=sc-om-2016#sql-server...

Best regards,
Leon

SC 2016 does not support SQL 2017. The upcoming SC 2019 release will support SQL 2017