(SOLVED) Installing DPM 2019 Agent fails on 2012 R2 0x80070643

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-1502525%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3EInstalling%20DPM%202019%20Agent%20fails%20on%202012%20R2%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-1502525%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHi%20everyone%2C%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EI've%20been%20trying%20to%20install%20the%20DPM%202019%20agent%20onto%20an%20existing%202012%20R2%20installation%2C%20to%20no%20avail.%20The%20error%20I'm%20getting%20from%20the%20console%20is%20the%20following%3A%26nbsp%3B0x80070643.%20From%20the%20logs%20I'm%20not%20able%20to%20get%20much%20clarification%2C%20hopefully%20someone%20can%20so%20I%20have%20added%20the%20logs%20to%20the%20post.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EWhat%20I've%20tried%3A%3C%2FP%3E%3CUL%3E%3CLI%3EEnsuring%20listed%20prerequisites%20are%20installed.%3C%2FLI%3E%3CLI%3EFixing%20component%20store%20corruption.%3C%2FLI%3E%3CLI%3EAdd%20firewall%20exceptions.%3C%2FLI%3E%3CLI%3EDisabling%20firewall%20entirely.%3C%2FLI%3E%3CLI%3EAutomatic%20remote%20install.%3C%2FLI%3E%3CLI%3EManual%20local%20install.%3C%2FLI%3E%3C%2FUL%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EHopefully%20someone%20can%20point%20me%20in%20the%20right%20direction.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3ERegards%2C%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EMarlon%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone,

 

I've been trying to install the DPM 2019 agent onto an existing 2012 R2 installation, to no avail. The error I'm getting from the console is the following: 0x80070643. From the logs I'm not able to get much clarification, hopefully someone can so I have added the logs to the post (removed after solving the problem). 

 

What I've tried:

  • Ensuring listed prerequisites are installed.
  • Fixing component store corruption.
  • Add firewall exceptions.
  • Disabling firewall entirely.
  • Automatic remote install.
  • Manual local install.

 

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

 

Regards,

 

Marlon

 

EDIT:

 

The problem has been solved by ensuring the COM+ services and their dependencies were enabled and running. After doing this the agent installed without a hitch.

0 Replies