Management Pack Audit - grooming data

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Last time I've checked my test SCOM environment and I noticed a huge size for DW database, specially One column:  ManagementPackChangeAudit - 200 GB. A lot of rows - many thousand and date last object much more than one year - 405 days! Is it possible to create rule and procedure in new UR where could determine time you want choose for grooming old data?

Second:

Based on "Grooming settings are tied with management pack grooming settings for data warehouse. This means, by default, three versions of management packs and 400 days old data will be shown in the reports. For example: whenever you make a change in MyCustomMP and save your changes in a new version as v1, v2, v3, v4 over Seven days. Then by default, v1 will be groomed and you will only see changes for v2, v3 and v4. Besides this, any change which is 400 days old will be groomed".

We have a lot of automate tools and increase version of Management Pack is not good option always. Sometimes you don't want increase version of MP. So based on this grooming old data is not possible, because version of MP is still the same. 

1 Reply

Above Problem is still fixing by grooming procedure. I changed interval in MaintenanceSetting table for ConfigGroomingFrequencyMinutes = 2 and Version to 1 MP. Grooming is running, but a lot of data's and this require a lot of time for finish. Root cause was regarding to Notifications Library MP. Version of MP was still the same... changes were added, frequently.