Can SCOM 2019 monitor Tomcat on Azure?

Copper Contributor

Hi Team,

I have a quick question, hope someone can help us out.

Our application team is working on deploy application service on Azure, it will use Tomcat and postgres, maybe SAAS architecture. I’m not pretty sure because Application team still can login the Server with limited permission behind the Tomcat and Postgres.

And now they want us to monitor Tomcat/Postgres application and log files for the application(Tomcat,Postgres) on Azure.

So I’m doing some research on this, SCOM really has a MP ‘Java EE Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic)’ could monitor Tomcat. But it seems need install SCOM agent on server.

And if we’re using SAAS architecture, and I suppose we’re not allowed to install any monitoring agent on servers.  Is the possibility that we still use SCOM to monitor Azure Tomcat and it’s log file?  Agentless ?

And one another question, if application is really using SAAS architecture and it has deployed Tomcat and Postgres, Is Microsoft response for out-of-box monitoring service for Tomcat and Postgres by default?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

@Franky 

I check confirm with application team, they are using PAAS service. But application still have permission on that server.

And the ubuntu server looks not a standard Linux server.