First published on TECHNET on Jan 25, 2012
The Cloud Services Management Pack is now available for download. It contains:
1) Model extensions for the SCSM CMDB to store additional types of data which are useful for managing a private cloud.
2) Views so that the cloud-related data can be easily viewed in the Configuration Items workspace in the SCSM console.
3) Service request templates for common scenarios related to private cloud management such as provisioning/deprovisioning VMs, allocating capacity pools, creating new projects, and so on.
4) Request offerings based on the service request templates that can be published to the Service Catalog on the self-service portal.
5) Automated workflows in SCSM to automatically fulfill some of the requests.
6) Runbooks for Orchestrator to automatically fulfill other types of requests which need to be executed on other System Center components such as Virtual Machine Manager
Go here to download:
We’ll be doing some blog posts and demo videos of this in the near future on the blog.