The OpsMgr team is glad to announce that the most recent update to the SQL Server MP (version 6.0.6569.0) has been released to the
! This update provides
fixes to key customer problems
and also includes
many significant updates to the guide
as well. Following is the list of changes to the MPs themselves, and everyone that uses this MP should definitely take a close look at the guide as well to see all of the new information that has been added:
· Fixed performance issues caused by excessive CPU utilization and script timeouts from Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) queries in the following management pack discoveries: Discover SQL Server 2005 Database Engines (Windows Server), Discover SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (Windows Server), Discover SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (Windows Server), Discover SQL Server 2008 Database Engines (Windows Server), Discover SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (Windows Server), Discover SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services (Windows Server).
· Fixed an issue where SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services and Reporting Services discoveries were not reliably discovering these objects on instances of SQL Server that did not have the Database Engine installed.
· Removed the hard-coded exception in rules and monitors that prevented the monitoring of the System, Temp, and Master databases.
· Improved the means by which database discoveries recognize auto growth enabled settings. Database discoveries now recognize both “KB” and “%” growth settings; previously the database discoveries recognized only the “KB” growth setting.
· Corrected typographical errors in product knowledge and improved the quality of the text.
Anyone using the management pack to monitor clustered installations of SQL components should also read the "On clustered SQL Server, Management Pack discovery scripts time out for SQL Server Database Engines, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services" known issue listed toward the end of the guide. This will give you guidance on how to override the timeout value on the discoveries to best work with your clustered configurations.
If you have any cheers or jeers feel free to share them with us at the