<Update on Jan 2, 2023: GA release>
Microsoft is excited to announce the GA release of SCOM management pack for Certificate monitoring! We are thankful to the immense response to the previous (CTP) version, and we have incorporated all critical feedback. To know more about all the updates to this MP watch an introductory video (attached to this blog) and continue reading.
- Store and Certificate discoveries disabled by default. The administration workspace will have the option to choose a set of stores from built-in MMC stores and an option to add other stores if they want to Monitor.
- After saving admin configuration, Store discovery will be enabled only for selected monitoring group and selected stores. Certificate discovery will be enabled and will target Store instead of Windows Computer.
- Store discovery event monitor changed to a rule and only Warning alert will be generated, and it will not change target health state.
- In Issuer configuration we have the option to specify issuer regex, which will enable certificate discovery to filter certificates issued from exclusive issuers. There is a way to provide a negative regex which will filter the specific issuer completely.
- Server Name filed added Store state view.
- Server Name and Store Details are shown in all Certificate state views.
- Server Name and Store name are showing in Certificate alert context.
Download GA version Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Management Pack for Certificates Monitoring.
As stated earlier, we believe in continuous improvement of SCOM & its MP ecosystem; so, keep your feedback flow at Ideas portal. And for feedback on Certificate MP, write to us at Certificate MP Feedback.
Certificate MP enables SCOM customers to monitor certificates deployed in their IT infrastructure for Certificate expiration and validation.
Certificates are crucial pieces in successful functioning of Server-to-server, Server-to-client communication & Cloud services. While they are time bound and linked to other certificates, there are multiple applications dependent on these certificates. If they expire or become invalid or fail CRL, then multiple services, applications & users could be impacted heavily causing business loss and severed user experiences.
With this Management Pack for Certificates, user will be able to
- Configure the MP in the Operations Manager Console Administration workspace.
- Discover certificate stores on selected groups of computers.
- Collect certificates and certificate revocation lists (CRLs) from selected stores.
- Filter collected certificates (include and/or exclude) by Certificate Name (Subject).
- Monitor certificates for expiration, with per issuer settings.
- Provide views and HTML dashboards to report on the status of certificates.
- Provide views and HTML dashboards to report on CRLs and revoked certificates.
Post MP installation, its configuration on Operations console is highly interactive, easy and seamless (refer to snapshot below).
@Bhavna_Appayya @goyalaayush @shashban