I'm very happy to announce that the first out of band update to the Operations Manager Management Pack has been released to the
! This MP package (Version 6.1.7533.0) is specific to OpsMgr 2007 R2 and will not import on product versions prior to that.
Following are some changes made in this release that I’d like to highlight, but you can refer to the MP guide for the full list:
1. Based on customer and
feedback we’ve improved the monitoring around excessive agent memory utilization.
a. For starters, the monitors have been updated so that the value of the sample must exceed the threshold for a specific number of consecutive samples, as opposed to the average of the samples over the consecutive samples. This will increase the accuracy of the monitors by handling periodic spikes in resource utilization better.
b. Secondly the thresholds have been made less stringent on the agents to better align with a more realistic baseline (6,000 handle counts and 300 MB in private bytes)
2. Tons of missing display names, descriptions, and product knowledge where added. For a good example of the improvements check out the rule
Data Access Service Spn Registration
3. We’ve added the rule “Collects Opsmgr SDK ServiceClient Connections” to collect the number of connected clients for a given management group. This data is shown in the view “Console and SDK Connection Count” under the folder “Operations ManagerManagement Server Performance”.
4. The following rules and monitors are now disabled by default as they are generally not actionable:
a. A GroupPopulator module unloaded due to an unrecoverable error
b. Health Service Cannot Find Management Group
c. Data Validity Check
d. Root Connector Data Validity Check
5. Updated the alert suppression criteria for the rule “Alert on Dropped MultiInstance Performance Module” in order to significantly reduce the alert volumes generated by this rule and make it easier to identify the root cause.
6. Fixed the configuration of the rule “IIS Discovery Probe Module Execution Failure” so that the parameter replacement will now work correctly for alert suppression and generating the details of the alert’s description.
A similar update for OpsMgr 2007 SP1 will be released in the coming weeks and we will announce its availability on our