Remote Desktop Services Management Pack
helps you manage your computers that are running Remote Desktop Services on Windows Server 2012 by monitoring the health of the following Remote Desktop Services role services:
· Remote Desktop Session Host:
Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) enables a server to host RemoteApp programs or session-based desktops. Users can connect to RD Session Host servers in a session collection to run programs, save files, and use resources on those servers.
· Remote Desktop Licensing: Remote Desktop Licensing (RD Licensing) manages the licenses required to connect to a Remote Desktop Session Host server or a virtual desktop. You can use RD Licensing to install, issue, and track the availability of licenses.
· Remote Desktop Web Access: Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access) enables users to access RemoteApp and Desktop Connection through the
menu on a computer that is running Windows 8, Windows 7, or through a web browser. RemoteApp and Desktop Connection provides a customized view of RemoteApp programs and session-based desktops in a session collection, and RemoteApp programs and virtual desktops in a virtual desktop collection.
· Remote Desktop Gateway: Remote Desktop Gateway (RD Gateway) enables authorized users to connect to virtual desktops, RemoteApp programs, and session-based desktops on an internal corporate network from any Internet-connected device.
· Allows users to reconnect to their existing virtual desktops, RemoteApp programs, and session-based desktops.
· Enables you to evenly distribute the load among RD Session Host servers in a session collection or pooled virtual desktops in a pooled virtual desktop collection.
· Provides access to virtual desktops in a virtual desktop collection.
· Remote Desktop Virtualization Host: Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (RD Virtualization Host) integrates with Hyper-V to deploy pooled or personal virtual desktop collections within your organization by using RemoteApp and Desktop Connection.
When there is problem with the availability or performance of one of these components, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 uses the Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services Management Pack to detect the issue and alert you so that you can diagnose the problem and fix it.
The management pack can help you identify issues before they disrupt your infrastructure, improving the availability and performance of the Windows-based servers that your business depends on.