On Tuesday, October 4
Technical Evangelists Symon Perriman and Rick Claus are hosting an online conference on Virtualization Career Training with Microsoft Learning. This half day virtual event (8am – 11am PST) will offer a Level 100 to 200 introduction for anyone who wants to learn more about Microsoft Virtualization and how it can help their career. It is free and public so sign up for this warm-up for the Jump Start event on October 6
· Module 1 – Technology: Learn about Microsoft’s virtualization technologies, how they work, and the future roadmap to the Cloud!
· Module 2 – Career: Understand the importance of virtualization and Private Cloud, and how it can make or break an IT Professional’s career!
On Thursday October 6
Technical Evangelist Symon Perriman and Technical Instructor Philip Helsel will host an online 8-hour deep dive training event for the Microsoft 70-659 Technical Specialist exam,
Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
. This virtual event runs from 8am to 5pm PST and will include presentations, demos and live Q&A with the attendees. It costs $99 to attend, but includes a free exam voucher worth $150! It is public so sign up for some great training to help improve your career here:
. Register early to make the most of a weekly virtualization coaching newsletter!
System Center Virtual Machine Manager will be featured in Modules 1 - 5 where we will show you how to deploy VMM, install agents, use templates, deploy VMs, use the Self-Service Portal, manage VMware environments, use high-availability, run live migrations, perform P2V and V2V conversions, integrate with System Center Operations Manager (including PRO-tips), integrate with System Center Data Protection Manager and more!
· Module 1 – Installing and Configuring Host and Parent Settings
· Module 2 – Configuring Child Settings
· Module 3 – Managing and Monitoring Virtual Environments
· Module 4 – Ensuring High Availability and Recoverability
Technologies that we will cover include: Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V, System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM), System Center Operations Manager (OpsMgr), System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM), Windows Server Backup, Failover Clustering, Remote Desktop Services, Active Directory, Microsoft Assessment & Planning Toolkit (MAP), Virtual Machine Servicing Tool (VMST), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) & more!