With less than year left for System Center 2012 and System Center 2012 R2 products to go out of support, this is reminder for you to plan the upgrade.
System Center 2012 and System Center 2012 R2 follows fixed lifecycle policy, providing mainline support for 5 years from the date of the product’s initial release and extended support for the next 5 years. The end of the lifecycle is known as the product’s end of support.
On July 12, 2022, the following products will reach end of support.
- System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager
- System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator
- System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator
- System Center 2012 Service Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- System Center 2012 App Controller
- System Center 2012 R2 App Controller
What does end of support mean?
Although the System Center products mentioned above may continue to function after July 12, 2022, Microsoft will no longer provide:
- Technical support for problems that may occur.
- Security updates or fixes.
What should I do?
If you are using any of the products mentioned above, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to latest version of the above products well before the end of support timeline.
The following documentation should help you get started.
We also encourage you to install the latest available update rollups for respective products.
- App controller has been deprecated since System Center 2016 release. Read more. If you are looking for self-service solution for Virtual machines managed using VMM, please reach out to us on below provided email address.
- If you are using System Center 2012 or 2012 R2 version of Configuration Manager, please refer this blog for guidance on end of support.
We hope that you upgrade your System Center deployments to the latest version soon! If you have any feedback for System Center team, please write to us at email@example.com