First published on TECHNET on Jun 15, 2012
we are excited about the CTP2 release of the System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 that is now ready to download!
System Center 2012 SP1 integrates with and leverages the exciting new features in the Windows Server 2012 RC while continuing to enhance the System Center feature set from the CTP1 release.
This CTP contains updates to all the System Center components.
We’d like to provide some additional information about what’s shipping in CTP2 for the Operations Manager component:
· Support for installing the product on Windows Server 2012 for all components: agent, server, databases, etc.
· Support for using SQL Server 2012 to host the databases
· Support for IIS8 / Windows Server 2012 RC in APM (this requires the monitoring packs for Windows Server "8" beta that are released to TAP customers)
· Support Monitoring of Windows Services built on the .NET Framework with APM
· ASP.NET MVC3 and MVC4 applications are discovered automatically by APM
· New Transaction types in APM for MVC pages and WCF methods; it is also now possible to define transactions on WCF endpoints
· Enhancements in the way WCF parameters are displayed in APM events
· Monitoring of applications that make use of Azure Storage with APM is now aware of Azure tables, blobs, queues as SQL Azure calls
· Dashboard showing combined health and SLAs for an application monitored thru both Synthetic transactions as well as APM
Global Service Monitor :
A new cloud enabled capability called “Global Service Monitor” (GSM) extends the application monitoring in System Center 2012 to enable you to add “outside-in” testing to incorporate a true reflection of users’ experience of your web site or web application.