Survey for 1st month of Microsoft Edge Insider Forums

Microsoft

Hi All,

It has been a whole month since we publicly released our first Canary and Dev builds.  It has also been a month since we opened these forums.  I would like to thank you for all of the feedback and discussion that you have provided us so far, and ask you to take a couple of minutes and provide some more, specifically about these forums.

Thank you in advance!

Survey Link

(This survey is anonymous, though you need to click the arrow at the bottom to get the response to report correctly.)

Microsoft Privacy Statement

1 Reply

We will be posting a new survey on Monday (It will look exactly like this one).

In the meantime, I thought that you might want to see what we learned from our first survey:

Overall, you are pretty satisfied with the content, engagement and community here.  You have been mostly happy with the browser itself.

Net Promoter Score (NPS) of Microsoft Edge: 61.17

​4.10 / 5.00 overall satisfaction

​4.14 / 5.00 employee interaction satisfaction

​4.04 / 5.00 for feature spotlight satisfaction

The top 3 asks from the survey are:

1. More and better update logs.  You want to know what has changed in every build!
  2. What our plans are for distinguishing ourselves graphically.  You love our Fluent design principles and want to see them in our preview channels.
  3. Privacy and security details.  With the focus on IE Mode and the Privacy controls, you are asking us to comment on our privacy and security features, especially those that are not enabled by default.  Additionally, you want to know how we are going to secure IE in Edge, with its ActiveX plug-in model.

There are some asks for more process information. You what to know what to include when they file bugs, how they can get help fast and how they get their favorite extensions.

There is a desire to change the way that forum topics are displayed to make it easier to find and follow conversations.  I will look into creating topic threads, or adding spaces, but these forums are a 3rd party product and we have limited ability to make changes.