Surface Studio 2 and Bluetooth

Brass Contributor

Anyone else having continual issues with Bluetooth and the Surface Studio 2?  I purchased mine in December 2018 along with the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard, Surface Precision mouse, and the Surface Dial.  I have turned off all Power Management options on each of these devices that had them. Generally speaking the Precision Mouse will start working after 2 or 3 clicks and then it's fine until I don't use it for 5 to 10 minutes and have to go through the 2 or 3 clicks again. The Surface Dial and Keyboard are much worse.  With the keyboard it will work great until I let it sit for awhile. Then I'll go to use it and have to literally just start hitting keys for 30-45 seconds before it starts responding. Once I do that, it will work again without issue until I don't use it for 5 to 10 minutes.  With the Dial I have to press and hold it for 30-40 seconds (Sometimes longer and sometimes I just give up and don't bother using it) before it will do anything. Once again, like the Keyboard and mouse, if I continue to use it, it works well. If I don't for 5 to 10 minutes I have to start the "wake up" procedure all over.  I have used the above devices with my Surface Pro (2017) and Surface Go and while I have occasionally experienced similar results it's very rare and usually only takes a couple of seconds which I don't have a problem with as I expect the device needs a moment to detect the device.

I've had the keyboard and dial replaced once with no change. Thought I would post here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same or had some suggestions. I used to live less than 3 miles from a Microsoft store and it was easy to get things like this looked at. Unfortunately, we had to move to Arizona for family reasons and apparently Microsoft doesn't think there's much in Tucson for it, so the closest store is now a little over 120 miles away :(

Thanks for any input anyone can offer. 

0 Replies