Microsoft Replacement Process

Copper Contributor

I have multiple Surface Pros for work that are used by outside sales people.  Someone dropped one and the screen cracked.  Unfortunately I did not have accident coverage.  I do not expect this to be covered by warranty.  I understand that I can pay $450 to send in my damaged unit that is 7 months old, and that in 10 days or so, they will send me a refurbished replacement.  The unit is still functioning and is usable.  Since they know we are a business and that we need to use the device, why can't they ship the replacement first and then we put the damaged one in the same box and send that to them so we are not without out tool?  They can hold a charge on my credit card to protect themselves if it doesn't get returned.  Think of ways to provide better customer service please.  I am not expecting anything free or out of line.

1 Reply

@BillC2160 Yeah it seems that Microsoft has taken the same standards, business etiquette and practices from Apple's secret handbook called, "How to MAXIMIZE shareholder profit without risk to owners but puts all risk and cost on the customer" moo ha ha ha ha ha!!! Business is becoming a monopoly to wear it rules al any customer appreciation or service.  Regardless of what they say actions do speak louder than words especially when it's shown repetitively throughout forms. What kills me is I'm not sure what's wrong with your surface pro but there are a lot of people that have issues with their newest pro 7 device when it comes to graphics connect ability Bluetooth wireless Wi-Fi and other issues that aren't as infested on other machines. Without admitting that they have a problem and doing a recall they simply keep pushing out updates and expect customers to provide fixes on their own use their own money to put shipping cost only give you a years manufacturing warranty without any type of way to update to an extension when purchasing from a different vendor. Not a lot of that was only stating my experience but it is not a new subject that's been talked about. And I hate to badmouth this company because I really do like the device but it's coming to a point where you spend 1700 dollars on something you expect it to work right with that happen to come 7 months down the line and try to return or get an exchange.it and then get the run around. and I'm sorry if there are typos it's because I'm using their dictation.