Touchscreen stopped working after firmware update

Copper Contributor

Hi , 

SF Laptop 3 13.5 inch touch screen stopped working after a recent firmware update, it does not work in the UEFI BIOS either. Support wants to replace the whole machine and cost me £500! The whole unit is in mint condition and just ran out of warranty a month back. Any advise what to do?

3 Replies

@gizmoGuru hi i am BrainM  , after reading your post , ill have to ask you a few questions before i start 

1) did you check reinstalling your display adapter driver  and touch driver in device manager

2) did you try resetting your surface laptop 3

3) did you try the usb recovery image 

i would highly recommend you to do a force restart by holding down the power button and the volume up button for  15 seconds 

if these steps didnt work , plz mail me  to (varmasahil2020@gmail.com)

@gizmoGuru   Ive experienced exactly the same problem with a surface laptop 2.  The laptop was in mint condition prior to recent firmware updates but following the updates the touchscreen immediately stopped working.  Microsoft tech support have been no help whatsoever because the warranty had just run out.

What resolution have you received for the issue?

Exactly the same with my Surface Book 2.

The same related problem after this firmware update in 2021.

https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/surface/forum/all/surface-book-2-nach-firmwareupdate-touch-stift...

Got someone a solutiuon?