Surface laptop battery drainage

Copper Contributor

I recently had a system update about 1-2 weeks ago and since then I've noticed a major difference in my battery life. What used to last at least 6-7 hours now lasts 3 hours from full charge. All I have been using is Chrome/Word or Edge/Word. 

I switched from Chrome to Edge because I noticed Chrome sucked a lot of the battery power and hoped Edge would prove different. While there is a slight improvement it still only adds about an extra 20-30mins. 

Has anyone experienced something similar and found a way to fix it or is it possibly a bug in the update? 

1 Reply
hi maddyk171 , i am Brain M . i have helped a lot of people with this particular problem with surface laptops , im sure this will help you , i would hightly recommend you to reinstall all drivers and firmware using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55489

this link is microsofts original link. doing this process wont harm your computer in anyway . plz do check this and tell me if it works , mail me to (varmasahil2020@gmail.com)