Surface Laptop 3 and New Dock 2

Iron Contributor

Running into an odd issue.  We have been deploying SL3 since they were released and been using the original Surface Dock.   We recently placed a new order of SL3 and on connection, in no combination could I get our Dell monitors (miniDP to DP) to work.  Hooked up the same SL3 with the new Dock 2 via USB-C to DP. They work.   We are a pretty small firm but we have at least a dozen SL3 from earlier this year working on the original dock.   I found this post (Surface Book 3 with Surface Docking generation 1 - Microsoft Tech Community)  which the OP mentions the same issue I was experiencing.  No matter the combination of original docks and cables (even ones that I have tested with prior SL3) will work. Using one external monitor, I could only get 640x480. Connecting two monitors, neither would work.  

Not sure if anyone else can confirm this but this seems like something Microsoft should have addressed.  I haven't seen any mention of a minor SL3 refresh this year.  Would be curious if anyone can confirm this as well. 

0 Replies