Onenote Notebook will not open in new office installation.

Copper Contributor

Just bought a new Surface Pro 8.  Installed Office on it.   Now I am trying to read a Onenote notebook that is in one drive but i keep getting an error message everytime I try and open it?  This is getting very frustrating because the notebook will open in my other two Surface Laptop devices?  

3 Replies

@TroutyMontreal 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Surface Laptop space - please post Surface questions here in the future. 

It's a software issue, not a hardware issue. I fixed it myself. Certainly can't expect Microsoft to trouble shoot their own stuff.....

@TroutyMontreal 

Hello! Please note we do not allow profanity here as per our Code of Conduct, so I've edited your message to remove the profane word. We understand you are frustrated, but please avoid profanity in the future. 

Sorry if I didn't move it in the correct place for your issue - I just did my best based on the text in your post, since you had posted it in the incorrect place - but if you have a software issue based on the software you listed in your post, you'd want to post it in the Microsoft 365 area in the future.

Please note support.microsoft.com is the official support channel for Microsoft. 

Glad you were able to solve the issue yourself!