We need a Citrix app for Surface Hub!

Steel Contributor

Get with Citrix and make that happen!!

Pretty please?  

9 Replies
Do you mean an app to connect to Citrix-published apps and servers a-la XenApp and XenDesktop?
If so that would be on Citrix to create "Modern" app for Surface Hub and publish it via the Windows Store.
I would suggest reaching out to them.

I have suggested it to them.  I'm hoping MS can throw some weight behind the idea.

This is a reality!!!  It's now on the app store and works pretty well.  IMHO this is a huge value add for the Surface Hubs.  YUGE!

That's great. Now we need Citrix to also do a GoToMeeting app, and Cisco to do a WebEx app.

Interesting ideas.

There's now also a VMWare Horizon View client app as well.

Now that Citrix and VMWare Horizon UWP apps are available for Surface Hub, we need CSP to control them.  For example, both apps don't scale well on an 84" Surface Hub.  Citrix has no control to change the screen resolution.  Horizon does, but you have to change it during every new Surface Hub session.  CSP to set the screen resolution as well as pre-populate things like login server information are a must.

If you use these apps and would like to see these additions, please be sure to provide feedback to the respective vendors.

I'd appreciate a GoToMeeting and WebEx app for Surface Hub. These are the 2 main ones that we see used aside from Skype for Business, so it would be a huge selling point for us to be able to support these natively on Surface Hub.

@Daniel Hudson wrote:

I'd appreciate a GoToMeeting and WebEx app for Surface Hub. These are the 2 main ones that we see used aside from Skype for Business, so it would be a huge selling point for us to be able to support these natively on Surface Hub.

Until those are (maybe) made available, you could use the RDP app to remote desktop to a PC that can connect to GoToMeeting and WebEx.

While I'm sure I'd be fine with this, some of our users still struggle with setting up Skype meetings in the first place. RDP would be alien to them!

Still, great workaround for when absolutely required. Might do some testing on this front.