Surface Hub Suggestion Box

Steel Contributor

Huge Surface Hub fan here.  I thought I'd start a suggestion box thread.  Feel free to contribute.  I'll start with my next reply!

83 Replies
Why not just save direct into OneDrive for Business? Surely the easiest way to get the recording off the Hub before the session is ended?

I wouldn't trust direct recording to the cloud, but as long as there's some caching involved locally before it gets sent there - why not?

That is not correct, that was never planned for 1703, I think you got the incorrect information. 

It may not have been planned for 1703, but I was assured it was being planned for implementation, and that was prior to 1703.
Can we have some kind of static IP implementation during OOBE?

Bidirectional whiteboard (members at Surface Hub or remotely connected Surface users) can all draw simultaneously. This has been a day-one need of this platform, and sorely missed. :\ 

Hi Chris

This was implemented with the recent release of the new Microsoft Whiteboard app. The current limitation being it only works between 2 or more Surface Hubs, and they have to be part of the same domain.

Hopefully they allow Hub-to-hub whiteboarding between companies soon, and also support to other devices when they release MS Whiteboard to Windows 10 users.

Edit: Microsoft Whiteboard is now available in preview on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Team, and it supports multi-device co-authoring. We've been testing it for the last couple of days and it's freaking AWESOME!

I would also like to see the Sign In button removed.  Surface Hub already signs in as a room resource account, it would be nice to remove that workflow to simplify things.

you can do that via MDM

@Pere Godia Canero wrote:

you can do that via MDM

I'm referring to removing the sign in requirement for co-authoring on the whiteboard.  I'm already in a meeting with someone, I shouldn't have to sign in to co-author.

ok, sorry. Keep tuned, some changes coming.

Not a problem!  I hope one of the changes is support for on premise Exchange mailboxes when you sign in to see your stuff!  (hint hint nudge nudge)

portal.office.com , you can do that today.

When a user with an on premise mailbox signs in to Surface Hub to see their stuff, they can see their files, but they see an error at the top where the current meeting schedule is supposed to be, because the mailbox is hosted in Exchange on premise.  

*some* get the error, not everyone. There is a fix for that already in preview, and will be released publicly soon.

Hei Danielle, the challenge is the technology used, ie, the file is a OneNote stored in One drive for Business. Usually you would give access individually to a file to certain user, perhaps you can try to access the file location and try and give access to an external. In future, when Teams can be accessed by externals, you can save the link in a shared Teams site and see if you can access to the file (although I would assume you still need to give individual access to that file).

It doesn't work for anyone who has mailboxes hosted on premise.  This is a known limitation confirmed by Premier Support.  It was only designed to work for mailboxes hosted in Exchange Online.  

A suggestion that Microsoft either release very soon the Teams app for the Windows Store and one designed for the Hub or allow Video and Audio Conferencing via the Teams web client especially now that they plan to replace SfB with Teams so that this will work on the Surface Hub.  Hopefully Microsoft's Surface Hub team is reading this line of posts in the TechCommunity!

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that this thread has not gone unnoticed, and that we are collecting the suggestions and forwarding them up the ladder for review.

Thanks,

David Wolters

Surface Community Team

We could use a free built in PDF app.  We often have executive meetings who need to display large (500+ page) PDF files with bookmarks.  The Edge browser displays the file, but there are no bookmarks.