Surface Hub Suggestion Box

Steel Contributor

Huge Surface Hub fan here.  I thought I'd start a suggestion box thread.  Feel free to contribute.  I'll start with my next reply!

83 Replies
Require some type of authentication for meetings marked as 'Private'. Right now, anyone can just walk in, join a meeting, and see potentially private content. If I remember correctly, Lync Room System requires credentials when you attempt to join a meeting marked as Private. It would be great for Surface Hub to do the same.
Feature parity across the applications. Some may not have OneDrive deployed, so being able to email an annotated presentation or a modified spreadsheet / doc like we can email a whiteboard would be a great addition.
Ability to open multiple instances of the same app. Would be super helpful with Excel.
RDP app from the app store does not work. There has been a fix in the works, but need to bump it up the list.

The ability to control the proxy settings via MDM would be nice

Create a User Voice for Surface hub.....Microsoft are generally pretty responsive on the UV forums, but less so here, it seems :\

The ability to remote into a Hub.  We currently have a lot of support scenarios where just being able to see what's going on would be a huge help.  

@David Phillips wrote:
Ability to open multiple instances of the same app. Would be super helpful with Excel.

This would be great to open multiple instances of same App for collaboration.

@Pete White wrote:

Create a User Voice for Surface hub.....Microsoft are generally pretty responsive on the UV forums, but less so here, it seems :\

Please Microsoft create a User Voice for the Surface Hub!!!!

A way to record meetings in Skype for Business on Surface Hub is a MUST!

Good suggestion.  I'd personally like to see some type of on prem server / online service recording capability for SfB which would then potentially cover any type of endpoint connectivity.

Have a OneNote app so I can access OneNote pages and write in them without having to login through the web.
I second the OneNote App for Surface. The Surface Whiteboard emails out OneNote formatted notes, but then you can't natively edit them again, I find the note is distorted when you open it with the OneNote Web App.
For remote teams, not being able to Share any app on screen with the possibility of both teams being able to interact with them is a big pitfall for remote collaboration. For example: You have multiple teams with Surfaces around the World and you want to do a Standup using Jira. Only one team can move the tasks on the board, all other can only look when they also so be able to interact. There should be the possibility to one Surface to become the "Master" so the screen of that surface would be shared with interaction possibilities from all other surfaces that where on the meeting. Currently only the Whiteboard can be shared between Surfaces (that link copy/paste thing to share the whiteboard is really bad by the way). Every thing on the screen should be able to be shared with possibilities of interaction from others skype users.

Remember though that Surface Hub does not need sign in, therefore if you need to access your OneNote you would need to sign one way or another.

you can save the .one file that is sent from the Hub in e.g. a USB, and then open it again in the Hub.

RDP app has been pretty stable since the initial issues.  So far so good.

There are proxy settings listed in the current CSP.  Are these what you are looking for?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-hub/manage-settings-with-mdm-for-surface-hub

So this was supposed to be added in 1703, allowing Surface Hub to be remote controlled through a SfB session. However it appears that this wasn't shipped. Here's hoping for the FCU (1709)!