Surface Hub & Teams Screensharing and System Audio sharing

Silver Contributor

Since our tenant is just starting to roll out Teams and so we aren't quite ready to set Teams as default on the Hubs, I wonder if with the app installed and not default will support for regular screen sharing besides an uploaded file?  Also, will the Surface Hub app provide support for including system audio that has been rolling out where you can hear audio in videos etc with other parties connected to a meeting?  If so, when is the timeline?  We have weekly staff meetings between our 2 Surface Hubs and some external users and several times we've needed the system audio for these meetings but the support was never there for SfB and now that it is coming to Teams, I'd like to see with the Teams app on the Surface Hub as that would help drive adoption faster to Microsoft Teams.  There are other meetings besides this weekly one that could take advantage of the system audio.

2 Replies

@Jeffrey Allen 

If you are referring to the new feature that is rolling out where you can share audio from your computer to the meeting participants, this will not be available now from the Surface Hub. If you do want new features on the Surface Hub, the best way would be to submit your request through the Feedback Hub app. I am not aware of this being on the roadmap for Surface Hub

Best regards,

Cezar

@Cezar Cretu, thanks for responding and how disappointing that this feature isn't coming to the Surface Hub.