Surface Hub 2S Lacking Teams Shortcut

Copper Contributor

We recently got a Surface Hub 2S, and while testing and exploring its features, I noticed that Teams is missing from the dashboard's shortcuts as well from the applications list.  The only way that I can find and open Teams is by searching it in the applications store and launching it from there.  Is there a way to add Teams as a shortcut and have it display in the applications list in the Surface dashboard?

7 Replies

@fcolavar 

The process to deploy Teams is here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-surface-hub

Thanks,

Cezar

@Cezar Cretu Thank you for your suggestion.  We tried that yesterday and kept getting a provisioning error message 0x800700b7.

@fcolavar seems like you already have the provisioning package applied. Try removing the old one and add it again.

@Cezar Cretu Yes, it looks like the package was applied.  After applying it I looked to see if there were available updates, and after the Surface rebooted from doing a quick update, the Teams app appeared on the dashboard.  After a while it goes away, and the Skype app is in its place.  After a reboot Teams shows up again but is again replaced by Skype.  We're still in the process of acquiring the Surface Hub licensing, so I'm not sure if that's causing these strange things to happen.

Then you probably installed TeamsMode1 (Teams primary, Skype available). Also, if Teams is new in the organization, make sure that you have all the IPs and URLs whitelisted (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges#skype-for-business-...)

@Cezar Cretu Since Skype kept eventually showing up on the dashboard, we tried "TeamsRTMMode2" to force the Surface Hub to only have Teams. I thought this would stop Skype from replacing Teams, but it didn't. Does a current provisioning package have to be uninstalled, or does applying a new one overwrite the current one?

When we install the provisioning package, we still get the error 0x800700b7, but after a reboot, Teams shows up and it looks like there wasn't actually an error.  That is until we pull up the dashboard a few minutes later and Skype is back there.  We do use Teams, but it doesn't hurt to verify if all of those are whitelisted.

it actually installs both, but since the information is conflicting it will throw the error. Please remove the old one before applying the new.