Surface Hub 2S - Adjust microphone sensitivity or enable noise supression

Copper Contributor

We have several surface hubs mounted in conference rooms. Feedback from users is that microphone is too sensitive and doesn't seem to have any noise suppression at all. noises inside and outside the room are all picked up during Teams meeting.

1 - Are there any controls on the surface hub for enabling/disabling/adjusting noise suppression or microphone sensitivity? is it all automatic with no controls?

If all automatic, it does a horrible job at noise suppression.

If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know. thank you.

6 Replies

Hello @_tricks,

You can control the noise suppression level in Teams. Tap the 3 dots at the top right corner and go to settings. Under Devices you will find the noise suppression menu where you can adjust the level you need. 

If you're still not happy with the audio quality, kindly raise a case with Surface Hub so we can assist

Thank you,

Cezar

Thanks Cezar. I just opened the case with premier support, they are looking for other options since adjusting the Teams noise suppression is not helping.
Just a quick follow up if you don't mind...
The Teams noise suppression option is not visible for a regular user just using the device. I had to log into the surface hub from the start menu as a local admin, and then open teams and then I see that option. Is that how it should work, users don't have access to that feature? or is there something wrong with my surface hub somehow? ( if you know, thanks again )

Hello @_tricks,

That's actually by design as you might not want users changing the setting unintended. It is an admin setting

Thanks,

Cezar 

Hi Cezar

Can this specific setting be managed remote trough a policy or in the Teams Admin Center? My searching led to nothing.

Best regards,
Simon

Hi @Simon_Aebi,

Noise suppression settings will be changed this month so Teams might introduce a remote policy but not sure yet. 

If this is something that you need, I suggest providing this feedback to Teams either within the support case or using the feedback hub (or both). The decision is with the Teams team and they will take action based on the feedback

All the best,

Cezar 

I'm having an issue with the mic stopping 2 to 4 minutes into a meeting, could this be the same issue. in the city we record all our board meetings since covid and we have no one remote so the surface hub just records the meeting room, and this is when the sound has been cutting out but only since the last 4 or 5 meetings it's been rock solid since then.