Surface Hub 2 85 inch resolution

Iron Contributor

We purchased a Surface Hub 2S for one of our conference rooms and as expected, it's too small.  To compensate for that, we mounted a similarly sized TV opposite wall.  Now our management feels the 50 inch TV we purchased is still too small, especially since the standard 16x9 4K resolution of the TV doesn't match the 3x2 aspect ratio of the Surface Hub.  Anyway, we need to purchase a larger TV to help compensate and I'd like to future proof it as much as possible.  Does anyone know the anticipated native resolution of the 85 inch surface 2 that's coming out next year?  Our company is seriously thinking of upgrading to that when it comes out, and we would want the TV to match as closely as possible.  I'm wondering if it will be roughly 4K or will it be closer to 8K.  Thanks for any thoughts you have.

2 Replies
According the The Verge, it will be 16:9: https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/17/18312031/microsoft-surface-hub-2-85-inch-model-specs-release-date

However Microsoft haven't officially confirmed the tech specs of the 85" Hub 2S at this stage, so it could change.

Thanks @Daniel Hudson.  I'd seen that one before.  I was hoping someone has heard the specific resolution.  But like you said, nothing has officially been released yet so it's unlikely anyone knows, plus things could always change.