Suppressed meetings on Welcome screen

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi all,

The security-mad customer I am working with insists they want to supress the display of the next meeting that's normally displayed on the welcome screen.

I'm concerned that this choice will significantly limit the functionality of the Surface Hubs and make them more difficult to use.

Can anyone tell me how a user entering the room can call up and enter a scheduled meeting if that information is not displayed?

Richard

1 Reply
Hi Richard

The only way I know of doing something like this would be to turn off Calendar syncing, which I also believe disables all other Exchange ActiveSync functionality. You'd need to enable it through SyncML: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/surfacehub-csp

DeviceAccount/CalendarSyncEnabled
Specifies whether calendar sync and other Exchange server services is enabled.
The data type is bool. Supported operation is Get and Replace.

Turning this off though would make it impossible to enter a scheduled meeting from the Surface Hub. Frankly, it makes it an ad-hoc only device.

Next best would be to ensure that the 'Meeting info shown on Welcome Screen' setting in Settings > Surface Hub > Welcome Screen is set to only show the organiser and time.