Skype Meeting Booked on Hub but no option to join. Intermittent occurring.

Copper Contributor

Hi Team, 

We have had a couple reports of Skype meetings not appearing on the Hub as a Skype meeting. I have checked these on outlook and the appear to Skype meetings.

This might also be weird but in a couple instances you tap the meeting on the hub nothing happens but when i click 'End session" to retry it seems to join the Skype conference which seems like a glitch as its on the Start Screen. Eventually it does drop out. 

The only workaround I've found is to completely delete the meeting from exchange and then call the hub manually. It seems to me that it could be a mix of the Hub and the Invite but I have no idea how to begin troubleshooting this. Joining the meeting on a Laptop/PC appears to be fine.

If the off chance wondering if anyone has had any issues? 

Thanks

Vincent 

2 Replies
Hi Vincent

I've seen a similar bug before with Skype. In the end I just did a cloud recovery and rebuilt the Hub which fixed the issue, suggesting it was a problem somewhere in the OS or the app.

Details on how to recover a Surface Hub from the cloud can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/surface-hub/device-reset-surface-hub#recover-a-surface-hub-from-the...

Thanks
D

Thanks Dan! 

Will give it a go.

Cheers

Vincent