Opening Documents after logging in issue

Copper Contributor

I have deployed our first Surface Hub device in my office. So far it is really neat. I had a few hiccups getting our certs on the machine, but finally got Skype signed in and working. I decided to sign in as myself on the device to pull up my calednar and files to work on something. When I tried to pull a file from OneDrive it says "FILENAME.pptx may be locked, in use, or you don't have sufficient permissions". I have to sign into ADFS about 3 or 4 times before it actually gets me to where PowerPoint is opening up the file then errors out. 

Any idea what would cause this? 

6 Replies

Hello Jeff,

My guess is that your Surface Hub is Azure AD Joined ?

If it is the case it is a known limitation. SSO is not working in this scenario. To have it worked you need to join your hub to an AD or leave it in a workgroup.

SourceURL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/surface-hub/first-run-program-surface-hub First-run program (Surface Hub) | Microsoft Docs

• Important

If you join Surface Hub to Azure AD during first-run setup, single sign-on (SSO) for Office apps will not work properly. Users will have to sign in to each Office app individually.

HTH

Eric S.

I'm AD joined on premise.
Hi Jeff This is one where you might want to open a support ticket with Microsoft to investigate and provide logs. D

so what was the outcome of this?  I have a surface hub too with the same problem and mine is AzureAD connected.  My personal one drive account works fine, but not my corporate O365 account.

Do most people put these things on their LAN?  I'm hesitant to do that because we can't put any monitoring or anti virus software on it.  I'm worried it could get hacked if someone visits an inappropriate website.

Hi Paul

I would have assumed so, we certainly have,

Windows 10 Team is incredibly locked down, and does not have a user accessible win32 environment within which to run anything malicious. It has Windows Defender built in too, and you can monitor using Operations Management Suite.

Check the security and lockdown section here for more info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/surface-hub/differences-between-surface-hub-and-windows-10-enterpri...

Because we have it on our LAN, we have them in a separate VLAN and log all incoming/outgoing traffic at the switch and firewalls, meaning IF anything did happen, we'd pick up on it almost immediately.