OneNote Online not working in Edge on Surface Hub

Silver Contributor

I'm not sure if it has been happening longer than the last couple of days, but we've noticed yesterday and this morning on both of our Surface Hubs that when you go to Office.com and pull up any OneNote whether in a person's OneDrive or a SharePoint site that the OneNote doesn't open properly and doesn't load the pages.  The menu bar is blow the pages and sections and nothing shows and so are others having issues and is there a solution?  Or do I reach out to O365 Support of Surface Hub support?  Wish there was a OneNote App for Surface Hub. Below is an image of what we get.SurfaceHubeOneNoteError.jpg

23 Replies

Hello @Jeffrey Allen ,

It seems this is happening on all Surface Hubs. I would suggest to open a case with Surface Hub support since it only happens on this device. Office team will be pulled in

Thanks

Cezar

@Cezar Cretu,thanks!  I just opened a Surface Hub Support ticket.

I hear the issue is much broader and a fix is in the works but no eta on this. I was hoping with the recent cumulative update that was pushed this week would resolve but still doesn't work.
CU updates contain fixes but since this was not checked in, it didn't contain it. I'll post here when it will be scheduled.
Best regards,
Cezar
Keen to hear when this is resolved, as it's affecting a few of my clients who use OneNote heavily.
It's been over a month since the last post, just wondering if there is any progress on the update?

@Loryan Strant 

The Office team is actively working on this but no ETA so far.

Thanks

Cezar

@Cezar Cretu, this is frustrating and it seems like Microsoft really doesn't support this product that they've created.  :sad:

@Cezar Cretu, any update on when this will be resolved?  If it isn't resolved soon, can Microsoft at least make the OneNote App work for the Surface Hub?  I have users in now 3 different meetings a week needing this to work for them.  Come on guys, do you no longer care about the Surface Hub and Surface Hub users?  Are you trying to kill off the device?  Be honest with us!

@Jeffrey Allen this issue is actively worked upon by the Office team. I can't provide an ETA at this point as it depends on multiple factors. While we understand the impact and grief this may cause, it takes some time to find the cause, develop the fix, test it out and deploy it while making sure it doesn't break anything else in a complex environment. 

I trust that you will bare with us while we get this fixed and thank you for letting us know how important and useful this is for you.

Best regards,

Cezar

@Cezar Cretu, while I appreciate the response and understand it takes time but this is going on its third month or longer.  I'm starting to look at alternatives to the Surface Hub and have stopped promoting the Surface Hubs to other IT people I know.  While this is a small thing, it seems like Microsoft on the whole is dropping the ball on the Surface Hub.  There hasn't been any real updates to Windows 10 for Surface Hubs in quite awhile outside of bug some cumulative updates of bug fixes.  Even the Microsoft Teams app is lacking on the Hub.  :sad:

Following, as this is impacting a very senior leader at our company as well who has a Hub in his office.

@jackredding, I hope it is resolved soon as I have several senior leaders waiting on this.

@Cezar Cretu, any update on this?  I got chewed out this morning by our senior VP for this not working and today there is an all day executive staff meeting and they needed the OneNote to work and while yes, you can use connect and project the laptop, it is hard to use that laptop to do other things as part of the meeting if you are projecting the OneNote from that laptop.  This needs to get resolved ASAP!!!!!!!!!  I've been told if this isn't resolved soon, we may need to get rid of the Surface Hubs as they need a functional device for their meetings!!!!!!!!!!  

@Jeffrey Allen,

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. As I said this issue has high visibility and is being worked on with priority but no ETA was provided so far. 

However, I do recommend opening a case so we can add your impact to the issue and escalate it internally since it has a severe impact on your productivity.

Thank you,

Cezar

@Cezar Cretu, I've opened a case and it doesn't seem to be making a difference.  :sad:

@Jeffrey Allen it does as it raises the impact on the issue and helps prioritize the issue internally over others. If you did provide the details already then thank you. Once again, this is being worked and we should have a fix soon

Best regards,

Cezar

@Jeffrey Allen ,

Fix has been released. Can you please check and confirm?

Thank you,

Cezar

@Cezar Cretu, I'll check but I heard it wasn't pushed out publicly yet so doubt if it is resolved.

@Cezar Cretu i'm on FastRinf for SURFACE HUB 2S, but i have the same issue right now ... News regarding this issue? How can i fix that an my Hub2S? THX Ron