No audio when sharing the Surface Hub screen

Copper Contributor

Hi, just wanted to know if it is a normal behavior that when listening to a video on the Surface Hub (a link pointing to a website hosting a video), there is no audio sent to remote users assisting to the meeting.

We where trying to figure that out but there is also no sound if we are using a computer connected to the hub using  DP cable.

Same thing if someone is presenting is screen.

If somene have an idea about how to do this, I'd be happy to ear it!

We faced the ssue when watching a corporate Powerpoint that had a link pointing to a website hosting the video. Remote users where not getting sound but where seeing the video.

Thank you!

Mathieu

6 Replies

Yes sadly there is no audio send to the remote users from the Hub. 

I have flagged this on the recent Partner Seller event in Munich. 

and also there is no audio out with the DP to a second screen or matrix ;-( 

/Lars Berlau

@Mathieu Desjardins, yes, I agree this would be nice to have as we've had times when sharing a video was very important for our collaboration projects on the Surface Hubs and the others can't hear the sound.  Microsoft Surface Hub staff paying attention to this community, please add support soon!!!!

What's about putting the video in a Power Point presentation? Should this fix the problem, until the new feature will be provided by MS?

BR

Christian

@Christian Hurtz, I have suggested that to our users and hope they'll do it.  Thanks!  Our users would like to see it naturally without that as they say "we spent all that money on these Hubs and it can't do simple things like share video within a presentation."  As a non-profit, I can understand that.  Hope the feature will be added soon.  :)

@Lars Berlau The DP out port only send video, but there is also Aux next to is which sends the audio too!

Hello @Mathieu Desjardins 

The issue of attempting to share a PowerPoint presentation, which has embedded video with audio, and the meeting members although seeing the video, but not hearing any audio, has now been resolved in TEAMS. I suggest you attempt to share such a configured PowerPoint presentation using TEAM to the Surface Hub and see what transpires. The Hub is such a high profile tool, and would simply not be a balanced Microsoft product  without the video/audio ability as TEAMS has now.

Cheers, DavidJB,