Microsoft Teams Preview - No App Shortcut

Brass Contributor

Hello Guys

I have installed the Microsoft Teams Preview in the Surface Hub. However, there is no app shortcut of the Microsoft Teams. You need to launch it via Microsoft Store.

Is there any workaround for this issue? Thanks in advance

7 Replies

Hi Jon

Silly question, but as per the store listing, is your Surface Hub enrolled in the Windows Insider Program and running an Insider build?

Thanks

Dan

Yes I have enrolled my Surface Hub in Windows Insider Program.

I'm able to use the Teams App but you need to launch it from Microsoft Store.

I cannot find any shortcut in All Apps of the Surface Hub.

Some observations while doing the Team testing in the hub:

- No app shortcut for Teams (needs to launch the app from Microsoft Store)
- Surface Hub cannot share screen using Teams
- Scheduled Teams Meeting from Outlook but no click to join button in the Surface Hub
- 4 video streaming is working fine in Surface Hub
- Able to see content in the Surface Hub if one of the laptop Team's user is presenting

Hi Jon

I'll rebuild and enrol my test Hub on Monday and check the Teams install out to see if we get a Start Menu icon.

D

As per Microsoft Support, there is a PPKG file that needs to be installed for the Teams Preview application to be fully functional on the Surface Hub.

However, they are awaiting feedback from their Engineering team as to how the file should be obtained. One item that was noted was that you should see the Teams app shortcut on the Home screen, though it is not listed in all applications.

Check the link below for the complete guide of Microsoft Team Preview for Surface Hub

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/y0av/2018/06/27/19/?_lrsc=c6a1d2c0-3831-4688-a134-122ec8eb1ab6

@Yoav Barzilay delivers again! Good stuff :)

Just done it by the manual on our Surface Hub. But home screen still shows Skype (got mode 2 ppkg) and neither Skype of Teams will work.

Can someone assist me?