Install IE or Chrome browser on SurfaceHub

Microsoft

Our customers want to know if the SurfaceHub support to install IE or Chrome browser on it, because their existing business system have some compatibility problems on the edge. If support to install IE or Chrome browser, How to do? Thanks.

6 Replies
Hi Yanke

I’m afraid not. Surface Hub only supports UWP apps from the Microsoft Store, and Chrome is not currently available in there. Likewise, Edge is the replacement for IE!

I would advise your customers(s) to work on modernising their systems to be compatible with modern web browsers.

Thanks
Dan

Thanks Daniel,

I will advise my customer to optimize their system to be compatible with Edge.

Thanks.

Yanke

@Daniel Hudson , what about firefox, safari or chromium edge?  I'm trying to use zoom in the browser on the surface hub and it requires one of those 4 browsers.  I'm not sure why it doesn't work with the edge built into the surface hub.

As far as I can tell the Surface Hub is rendered almost useless since it cannot/will not install any browsers other than what comes supplied.... Therefor, as a "hub" for meeting with Zoom, etc which demand Chrome or one of three other browsers its about as much use as an ashtray on a motor cycle! Waste of space and money! Sorry Microsoft @jmbiksoc1 

It's a vehicle for Microsoft products though, not for Zoom or other competitors. You can always install Windows 10 Pro on i, then you can install whatever you want to.
Paz help me and install chrome on this surface