How to use Surface hub with multiple displays

Copper Contributor

We just recently installed a Surface Hub in the office to use for scrum meeting etc.

We have, right next to it, a regular screen (previously used to connect laptop to). What we would like to do is to use the Surface to call into Skype for Business meetings, and get the video shown on the normal screen, and the collaboration area (with whiteboard etc.) on the Surface display. The purpose is to get the video image larger than the normal little box to the left at the same time as maximizing the collaboration area.

How can we get this setup?

3 Replies
Hi Anders

I'm afraid this isn't possible. The Surface Hub has a video out DisplayPort cable which can duplicate the screen on another TV/monitor, but you cannot extend the screen or move the Skype bar to another screen.

Thanks
Dan

Thanks again for your quick response, Dan. :)

This was unfortunate, I wonder if we are the only ones that would like this feature...(?) It seems like a pretty standard thing for a modern collaboration tool (having large video and also large collaboration area).

I guess we have to start without, and just hope for this feature to be developed.

BR,

/Anders

Hi Anders,

you are not the only one who wants this feature! We have the same setting like you and we have the same feature request ;)

Rob