Email not working

Copper Contributor

It seems like after the last update the Surface Hub can not send emails, e.g. sharing the contents of the Whiteboard at the end of the meeting.  When I click the "Share" button and select email the [send email] button is grayed out and next to it this message: "You can't send email now because of an internal error". Any ideas?!

9 Replies
No ideas without access to the device as I haven't seen this error myself.
You could always remove the account and re-add it, or failing that contact support and have them troubleshoot it with you.

I am seeing the same message on our Surface Hub,  is there a support link I can contact? 

Hi Jon, our Surface Hub is experiencing the same error, were you ever able to find a resolution?  

Thank you. 

Best guess based on the above is possibly expired password on the device account. I found one of our Surface Hubs last week not rotating the password properly. The password expired and we started seeing this internal error on Whiteboard.

After resetting the password, I had to edit the device account and put the new password in, before restarting the Surface Hub. Fixed the problem for us.

We have a issue with email not working on one of our hubs.  When we disabled Wi-Fi on the hub it worked but when we enabled Wi-Fi it stopped working. The surface in the next room works correctly and is patched to the exact same levels for windows updates and store apps. We are investigating at the moment.

Interesting, thanks for the comment,  you reset the password in Active Directory?

No we just turned off the Wi-Fi and it worked. Turn on Wi-Fi with the exact same user and password and it stops.

HI Daniel, I am seeing the same problem on our Surface HUb, can you let me know where you reset the account password?   We have an AD account for the HUB but it is set to "Password Never Expires".   I am wondering if there is another account for it I need to update.   Thanks you!

Thanks.   Same thing here.  Turned off WiFi and it started working again.  It apparently prefers to use WiFi for email.