SOLVED

Check the current build...

Bronze Contributor

Hi there,

When looking for the "About" details on the surface hub and compare them to this list:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4037666/surface-surface-hub-update-history

I get a feeling that I do not have any of those updates as the version on the About says:

"Version 10.0 (Build 15063"

To get those updates do I need to join to Windows Insider Program? And if so, is it smart move when the device is connected to on-premises Skype only?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Petri X (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
Hi Petri

The About page for the Surface Hub won't show the exact build you have. Instead, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Then tap View installed update history and check the latest cumulative update that has been successfully installed. You can then check that against the Surface Hub update history page to see which build you're running.

https://changewindows.org/ if also a great resource for Windows build information.

Alternatively, you can enrol the Surface Hub with an MDM solution (if you have one) which will report the build number.

Unless the Surface Hub is specifically designated as a test device, I would highly recommend you DON'T enrol it with the Windows Insider Program.

I would also say that it's very important to keep your Surface Hub up to date, although it will do this automatically as long as it has a connection to the internet.

Thanks Daniel,

Perfect answer :D

It is sad that "about" is not inform the same what most of the apps does.

I'll try to find what versions I'm running.

Btw, I found from the diagnostic logs the following line:

Hardware Abstraction Layer      Version = "10.0.15063.909"

So, perhaps it is up to date.

Build 909 is the February 2018 CU. The March one has been released so there will be an update available :)

Yes, but the logs were also few days old which I was stored on my disk :D

Big thanks for your help!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Petri X (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
Hi Petri

The About page for the Surface Hub won't show the exact build you have. Instead, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. Then tap View installed update history and check the latest cumulative update that has been successfully installed. You can then check that against the Surface Hub update history page to see which build you're running.

https://changewindows.org/ if also a great resource for Windows build information.

Alternatively, you can enrol the Surface Hub with an MDM solution (if you have one) which will report the build number.

Unless the Surface Hub is specifically designated as a test device, I would highly recommend you DON'T enrol it with the Windows Insider Program.

I would also say that it's very important to keep your Surface Hub up to date, although it will do this automatically as long as it has a connection to the internet.

View solution in original post