SOLVED

Cannot find UWP app for A Surface Hub Tour in Store

Copper Contributor

Hi, I want to install A Surface Hub Tour on our Surface Hub but when I go to the app in the store, it has only the PC version. When I click Get the App, a message says an app is required to install, do you want to search for app in store? I was using Edge to get to the Store.

4 Replies
What if you use the actual Store app on the Surface Hub? You need device admin rights to be able to access it.
best response confirmed by Nydia Cavazos (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi Stephen

You cannot use Edge to install apps as users are not allowed to install them (the device account will not have sufficient privileges). Note that as a collaborative device, Surface Hub behaves slightly differently to regular Windows 10 desktops.

You will need to log into the Settings app using an admin account (either local admin, domain admin, or AAD admin depending on how you set your Surface Hub up originally) and access the Store from there.

• Go to Start > Settings
  • Enter the device admin credentials when prompted
  • Go to Surface Hub > Apps & Features
  • Tap Open Store

You can then install any apps that support the Surface Hub line of devices, including A Surface Hub Tour.

You can find out more information on installing apps on Surface Hub in the admin guide here.

Thank you! That worked.

Hi Stephen,

i'm glad you found the app. Please let me know if you have any feedback on that, or use the feedback box in the app to share it =).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nydia Cavazos (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi Stephen

You cannot use Edge to install apps as users are not allowed to install them (the device account will not have sufficient privileges). Note that as a collaborative device, Surface Hub behaves slightly differently to regular Windows 10 desktops.

You will need to log into the Settings app using an admin account (either local admin, domain admin, or AAD admin depending on how you set your Surface Hub up originally) and access the Store from there.

• Go to Start > Settings
  • Enter the device admin credentials when prompted
  • Go to Surface Hub > Apps & Features
  • Tap Open Store

You can then install any apps that support the Surface Hub line of devices, including A Surface Hub Tour.

You can find out more information on installing apps on Surface Hub in the admin guide here.

View solution in original post