SOLVED

Can't load PDF via OneDrive - Hangs on 'Downloading...'

Copper Contributor

Hey, having some trouble loading PDF's in the latest version of OneDrive (17.25) for the Surface Hub - just hangs with the spinning dot circle reading 'Downloading...', and am not prompted to open in any application (we use Drawboard, however not even Edge loads to preview). Anybody else encountering the same issue? Tried escalating it with Microsoft and not having much luck.

Have put the device on both the fast and slow ring of Windows Insiders with similarly no luck.  If we copy the PDF onto a USB it loads fine - seems to be confined to OneDrive.  We are now running the latest CU (2017-09) yet the issue persists.

22 Replies
best response confirmed by Cezar Cretu (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi All

Great news, it's (finally) been fixed! Make sure you're running OneDrive version 17.30.2.0 or above and you should once again be able to open PDF's and other file types in the file previewer.

Thanks
Dan

Edit: Just want to give a massive shout out to the OneDrive team and Steve Briley from the Premier Support team for sticking with me on this one for the last 10 months to finally get a fix in place. Took a while but we got there in the end!

HI everyone,

I am unable to download photos and PDF files the last few days. Has anyone else had issues? Needing to be efficient for my business so need it fixed! Any simple solutions I should know about? Not a techy really! Kate

Hi Katie

Just tested this yesterday and found no issue myself. Is your Surface Hub up to date with all apps up to date from the Microsoft Store too?