Bing privacy statement / Maps does not start at the first time

Copper Contributor

I have 2 issues:

1. If the from the whiteboard use the search button in the corner - search for a picture on bing.

Then i need to accept the privacy statement "we need to forward your info to bing...blablabla...."

Is there are workaround on this issue that does not require an enrollment in a MSM solution?

2. I often see the maps does not start the first time.

If i reset my device - login - then i click the maps.

It shortly appear then closes again.

I can start it again and now it works - its only the first time i fails.

I have seen the same thing on 2 different hubs.

Known bug?

5 Replies

A screenshot from the manual about the bing part

I've not seen a workaround for issue 1. Remember there is a new session each time you come to the Surface Hub as it's not a personal device, so someone different could have been using the hub beforehand.

Just to be crystal clear.

#Graham - you see the same thing on the HUB?

I am absolutely sure i am the only one that has been using the HUB - because its locked away in my conference room and i am the only one pulling it out for customer demo ;)

Whenever its not in a demo or being using for testing. It just sits there idle.

I'll check on ours when I'm in the office later this week and confirm again.
Hi Dennis

Apologies, I thought I had replied to this a couple of days ago.

The first bit about Bing - There's no workaround for this. As Graham has said, the cleanup process resets the majority of apps (they actually get uninstalled and reinstalled according to MS security documents) so it will invariably reset the privacy acceptance. Given that users may change between sessions, this is probably important for MS to ensure that it is required for legal reasons.

As for the issue with Maps, I've not seen this myself, so could be a sign of a corrupt install. Have you checked the Store to make sure it's up to date? If so, have you tried resetting the app itself from the Settings menu?