[Thread] Showcase your Surface Duo apps!

Iron Contributor

This thread is meant to be a showcase of your awesome apps that are based on thr Surface Duo SDK.

Share your hard work and ideas on how the unique features of this dual screen device could be used.

----------

Name

#rTsd (Road to Surface Duo)

Genre

News

Development ecosystem

Xamarin.Forms

Abstract

This is a work in progress Xamarin.Forms Android project which is intended to feature most of the new features that makes the upcoming Microsoft Surface Duo phone unique. It will use the awesome German Dr. Windows as data source for its articles.

Screenshots

#rTsd Surface Duo app screenshot#rTsd Surface Duo app screenshot

Links

The source is open source on a GitHub repository. This app will not be released in the Google Play Store.

7 Replies

Name

Hinge It!

Genre

Game

Development ecosystem

Xamarin.Forms

Abstract

This Xamarin.Forms Android project is dedicated to the gamification of the Microsoft Surface Duo's hinge. Be the fastest to hinge / fold the phone into the correct angle.

Screenshots

Hinge It Surface Duo app screenshotHinge It Surface Duo app screenshot

Links

The source is open source on a GitHub repository. This app will not be released in the Google Play Store.

Name

TEAS Flashcards Pro

Genre

Educational

Development ecosystem

Xamarin.Forms

Abstract

This Xamarin.Forms Android/UWP  project is an entry for both the Google and Microsoft Store. Using the common "flashcard model" a Question on the left pane and Answer on the right pane.

Screenshots

Main ScreenMain ScreenQuestion and Answer PanesQuestion and Answer Panes

Links

This app will  be released in the Google Play Store and Microsoft Store. (TBD)

@Fritz_S 

Another in the "Flashcard Series" of apps for the Surface Duo has been published in the Google Play Store and Microsoft Store.  

Name

Basic Nursing Skills Duo

Genre

Educational / Medical 

Development ecosystem

Xamarin.Forms

Abstract

This Xamarin.Forms Android/UWP  project is an entry for both the Google and Microsoft Store. Using the common "flashcard model" a Question on the left pane and Answer on the right pane. Categories include the following:

Abbreviations

Fundamentals

Injections

Prefixes

Surgical

Screenshot_1595779349.pngScreenshot_1595779362.pngScreenshot_1595779362.png

Screenshots

Hi @Fritz_S,

do you have any insights on how much Surface Duo devices are using your app? 

@tscholze  Tobias, 

The "uptake" for the Nursing apps has been greater than the EMR app.  

However, unable to run/test on an "actual" device, my level of confidence is lower than normal that the experience on a Surface Duo is optimal. 

I've put considerable dev effort on the Surface Duo platform, but not seeing sustained support post launch. 

This experience has been unlike my previous experience with the MS Team and the Tablet PC ecosystem. 

My confidence and optimism are not on an upward trajectory. 

Name

Flutter Surface Duo hinge angle sample

Genre

Playground / Sample

Development ecosystem

Flutter

Abstract

It is not a full app, it is rather a tiny sample application that showcases how you could retrieve the Surface Duo hinge angle using Flutter. I used the DevBlogs getting started article as entry point. I also released a video which tells some problems I stept into.

Please have a look at the GitHub repository to see the full source code.

Screenshot

app.png

Name

Flutter Surface Duo hinge angle sample

Genre

Playground / Sample

Development ecosystem

Flutter

Abstract

Read your RSS feed like it would be an ebook - A sample Android app written in Google's Flutter that demonstrates the unique features of a Surface Duo.

It is not a full app, it is rather another sample application that uses Flutter. I also released a video which shows the app and its different layouts in single or dual screen mode.

You can have a look at the app's source at its GitHub repository.

Screenshot

Social Media.png