React Navigation Examples

Copper Contributor

I love the work being put into dual screen devices. I'm trying to build a dual screen app but having issues with getting TwoPane-Navigation to work with React Navigation. I followed the documentation but when i try to span across both screens my details view doesn't span on the second page.  The apps 1st screen just spans across both pages. Is there an example with react native i can follow for clarity? 

12 Replies
Hi Mike,
what example did you try already to prevent some duplicated informations. :)
I'm sure you're already looking at this, but for reference there is a dual-screen React Native SDK available on GitHub:
https://github.com/microsoft/react-native-dualscreen/

I'll follow up internally to make sure this sample is working as expected.
Hey Mike, can you try updating the the package references for twopane-navigation and dualscreen-info to latest and see if that helps? I'm pushing an update for the examples now as well.

Thanks so much for the help everyone. Finally got the app to run. When it comes to navigation how can i get two-pane nav to work alongside react-navigation? When i pass AppContainer to the navigation container; its over written by react-navigation. I'm no longer able to use the methods available for my onPress (ie: (ONE)Pane.AddExtended etc.).

@adavida 

@mikevocalz Can you share some code? 

@adavida did you ever get a change to take a look?

@adavida any success? Also, does the team expect to update any of the React Native packages? Ive seen nothing but alot of Flutter Support lately and no updates on the React Native side. 

cc: @Craig_Dunn  @tscholze 

We do hope to update the React Native support over time. Would love to hear what scenarios you're interested in or areas you feel the current package falls short?
Thanks so much for replying @Craig_Dunn ,

Im trying to get react navigation and two-pane navigation to play together. When i navigate to a new screen in react navigation and want to access a 2nd pane how would i go about it

@mikevocalz one of the apps that I know uses two-pane navigation uses ONLY that, so I can't say OTTOMH how it might integrate with existing nav. Seems like a good questions for the contributors so I'll pass it on and see what they say.

I notice that we did push a few updates about a month ago (to the two-pane navigation) - I don't think we have documented those yet though. Adding that to my todo list!