MainActivity.kt from the Flutter sample is all red - it works, but is it normal?

Iron Contributor

Hi team,

I just played a little bit around with the Flutter "Getting started" from the Flutter Dev Blog article.

During the tutorial I noticed that after I copy pasted the Kotlin source, mostly everything went red aka in an error state. Please see attached screenshot.

The source was still buildable and worked as expected but it's a little bit of a shock for a beginner if everything is red.

vs.PNG

1 Reply

@tscholze Not sure why you are getting the red error indicators yet also able to compile and work.  Usually the red indicators would result in an un-successful compile.  Perhaps there is a version issue between the code and what you are running version wise for Android/Kotlin/Java?  If you simply cut/paste from the article you will need to do some clean-up as I see our formatter has done some replacing of things like double quotes with fancy double quotes and such. Beyond that it's hard to say why you are seeing that without digging into the project in Android Studio and seeing what it is complaining about.