Continue reading for the iPad app for Work Folders.
Our latest update adds Search and Intune integration to the iPad apps as well.
Work Folders is a Windows Server feature that allows individual employees to access their files securely from inside and outside the corporate environment. This app connects to it and enables file access on an Apple iPad. Work Folders enables this while allowing the organization’s IT department to fully secure that data.
This app for iPad features an intuitive UI, selective sync, end-to-end encryption and in-app file viewing.
image 1 - file browser
Pin files for offline viewing.
Saves iPhone storage space by fully showing all available files but locally storing and keeping in sync only the files you care about.
Files are stored encrypted at all times. On the wire and at rest on the device.
Access to the app is protected by an app passcode – keeping others out even if the iPhone is left unlocked and unattended.
Allows for DIGEST and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) authentication mechanisms including multi factor authentication.
image 2 - integrated file viewer
image 3 - settings
image 4 - some file browser features
If you’re interested in learning more about Work Folders, here are some great resources:
- Nir Ben Zvi introduced Work Folders on Windows Server 2012 R2 .
- Work Folders for Windows 7 SP1: Check out this post by Jian Yan on the File Cabinet blog.
- Roiy Zysman posted a great list of Work Folders resources in this blog .
- See this Q&A With Fabian Uhse, Program Manager for Work Folders in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Also, check out these posts about
how to setup a Work Folders test lab
and tips on running Work Folders on Windows Failover Clusters .
- Using Work Folders with IIS websites or the Windows Server Essentials Role (Resolving Port Conflicts)
All the goods
- Work Folders Overview on TechNet
- Designing a Work Folders Implementation on TechNet
- Deploying Work Folders on TechNet
- Work Folders iPad reveal – TechEd Europe 2014 (in German)
- LATEST: Work Folders on the "Edge Show" (iPad + iPhone video, English)
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.