This is a list of MSDN doc updates from Diane
1. Several new interfaces and other API elements were added for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. For more information, see “What's New in VSS in Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd433621.aspx ).
2. In “Using Tracing Tools with VSS” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd765233.aspx ), information about the VssTrace tool was added.
3. In “Volume Shadow Copy Service” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb968832.aspx ), a download link for the beta Windows 7 SDK was added.
4. A new topic, “Using Tracing Tools with ASR Applications” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb986749.aspx ), was added.
5. The failover clustering VSS writer is now documented in “Backing Up and Restoring the Failover Cluster Configuration Using VSS” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd264602.aspx ).
6. The Hyper-V VSS writer is now documented in “Backing Up and Restoring Virtual Machines” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd405549.aspx ).
7. In "Registry Keys for Backup and Restore” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb891959.aspx ), the DisableMonitoring registry key was added, and the reference information for the FilesNotToBackup key was significantly expanded.
8. In “VShadow Tool and Sample” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530725.aspx ), information about the new LUN resync command-line options was added.
9. VSS_COMPONENT_FLAGS ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384681.aspx ) was updated to mention that the VSS_CF_BACKUP_RECOVERY and VSS_CF_APP_ROLLBACK_RECOVERY can be used with transportable shadow copies beginning with Windows Server 2008.
Corrections and minor updates:
1. “Overview of Pre-Backup Tasks” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384588.aspx ) was corrected to indicate that VSS requesters, not writers, call PrepareForBackup .
2. IVssDifferentialSoftwareSnapshotMgmt::ChangeDiffAreaMaximumSize ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383980.aspx ) was updated to mention that if the llMaximumDiffSpace parameter is -1, the maximum diff area size is unlimited.
3. In IVssBackupComponents::BackupComplete ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa382651.aspx ), the following sentence was added: "Do not call this method if the call to IVssBackupComponents::DoSnapshotSet failed."
4. A table of return values was added to IVssBackupComponentsEx2::BreakSnapshotSetEx ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa382194.aspx ).
5. In IVSSBackupComponentEx3::RecoverSet ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd405575.aspx ), VSS_E_ BAD_STATE was added to the list of return values.
6. In IVssBackupComponentsEx3::AddSnapshotToRecoverySet ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd405571.aspx ), the descriptions for the VSS_E_SNAPSHOT_NOT_IN_SET and VSS_E_VOLUME_NOT_SUPPORTED return codes were updated.
7. A sentence about session identifiers was added to CVssWriterEx2::GetSessionId ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd405546.aspx ) and IVssBackupComponentsEx3::GetSessionId ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd405572.aspx ).
8. In "Registry Backup and Restore Operations Under VSS" ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384595.aspx ), information about Windows XP was clarified.
9. "Required Behaviors for Shadow Copy Providers” ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384600.aspx ) was clarified to indicate that hardware shadow copy LUNs must be read/write.
10. In IVssBackupComponents::AddToSnapshotSet ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa382650.aspx ), the first sentence in the Remarks section was corrected to read, "The maximum number of shadow copied volumes in a single shadow copy set is 64." (Previously it said "shadow copies," not "shadow copied volumes.")
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.